Wednesday, July 11, 2012

DIY Chalkboard Paint and Classroom Caddies

I have been browsing Pinterest lately and decided to try out the ever popular chalkboard paint. Since I have been wanting to do a few crafts for my classroom, I decided this was a good start. With a vacant black frame and some spray paint, I created my DIY Chalkboard Frame.

First, I separated the glass and frame in order to spray them different colors. For the frame, I decided to do a turquoise since the glass would become black. 
Frame was $9.99 from Garden Ridge that I had on hand, 
but you should definitely try Goodwill instead. 

I did two coats of the Chalkboard spray paint and that was all it needed!
After the first coat, bugs decided to commit suicide on it. 
The smudges seen above are me trying to get the bugs off. 
Seriously, go die somewhere else!

Second shiny coat

My supervisor making sure I was staying on task

And the finished product...
Obvi I need to work on my chalkboard handwriting skills, 
but I think it will be a cute addition in my classroom!

Very, very easy project and highly recommend to anyone who is looking to try DIY 
Chalkboard paint!

While I let the paint dry on the frame project, I worked on spray painting 4 shower caddies I  bought at Goodwill for $1.21 a piece. I place my students into groups on a frequent basis and never have any small containers for their supplies. When I saw these guys at Goodwill, it was an easy decision to buy 'em for the classroom. 

After taping off the handles, I hung them from a tree...

And spray painted them pink!

Well, one got gussied up in turquoise ( he's the man with three pink ladies), so here are all 4 of them together...

And one more look inside

I'm kinda proud of my cheap, simple projects that will sassy up my classroom come August!

Here's to 2 1/2 more weeks of freedom before school starts again!







No comments:

Post a Comment