Monday, July 23, 2012

Monogram Wall Art

Let me start off by saying this fits me perfectly! 

Since we got that out of the way, I decided to put another one of my pins to the test when I created this easy DIY Monogram Wall Art. 

I saw this picture on Pinterest
and decided it looked easy enough to try!

So here are my materials:
Letters from Hobby Lobby 
($1.99 each, large P was $3.49)

Two pieces of canvas from Michael's I bought a year ago

Fabric from Hobby Lobby
(Ikat $4.89, Chevron $5.39 with 40% off coupon)

Spray Paint which I substituted the green for pink later on

The first thing I did was spray the letters with primer then gussy them up with pink and blue paint. After they dried, I sprayed them with a clear coat as a sealant. 

Meanwhile, I started working on the fabric canvas boards...
I cut the fabric to fit (each piece was 1 yard)

Busted out the glue gun to secure it to the canvas

and Viola!

Ain't she purty? 

Both beauties ready to be monogrammed!

Now that the letters were dry, I played around with them to show y'all different ways this can be done:
E for Elizabeth perhaps...

...or art for Laura...

...A is for Ashley!...

...or a giant P for my future last name eeeeek!!

Instead of these options, which I love, I decided to do a traditional look with our new monogram (in 3 months!!!)

Jason loooves tolerates the pink, but I think she is gorg ;)

Here she is hanging in all of her splendor

And now for her close-up..

I love it! 

As for the other canvas, I chose to use the best word eva: L-O-V-E
(I'm totally singing "L is for the way you look at me..." in my head right now!)
Jason has since informed me that I painted and glued the letter V backwards but what the hell: let's chalk it up to a blonde/I was dying in the heat moment. 

Here she is in her new home in the kitchen:
This corner was always so dark before, so I love how this art brightens the area!

So what do y'all think? Would this be something to do in your own home? 
I really want to make more, but I think Jason would kill me if I hung any more "girly" colors around the house haha! I guess I'll just have to create some for my classroom then ;)



3 comments:

  1. How about K??? Make a K!!

    Kel

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE! Love your blonde moment. Totally something I would have done too.

    ReplyDelete